National Geographic Channel bekerja sama dengan Canon mengadakan kompetisi foto bertema Explore to Inspire. Kompetisi foto ini terbuka bagi fotografer muda yang berusia di atas 18 tahun yang berdomisili di Indonesia, Bangladesh, Brunei, Kamboja, Malaysia, Maladewa, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Singapura, Sri Lanka, Thailand, dan Vietnam.
OPEN FOR SUBMISSION:
1 Oktober - 30 November 2013
GRAND PRIZE: A Canon EOS 5DMKIII (Body)*. A Trip to a National Geographic Weekend Photography Workshop in San Francisco, US for one Winning photos published in a NAtional Geographic Magazine March 2014* Asian Edition.
Canon EOS 6D (Body)*
Winning photo published in a National Geographic Magazine, March 2014* Asian edition
Canon EOS 70D (Body)*
Winning photo published in a National Geographic Magazine, March 2014* Asian edition
* The camera prize exclude lens shown.
TERM AND CONDITION
- By submitting an entry to the “Explore to Inspire” skill-based competition (the Competition) you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions: (a) you acknowledge that you have read and understood these terms and conditions of entry (the Terms) which include information on how to enter, how the winner will be determined, the prizes, and how personal data will be collected, retained, used and shared; (b) you expressly agree to be bound by the Terms, including in particular those relating to the collection, retention, use and sharing of personal data; and (c) you confirm that you do not breach any law in your country of residence regarding the legality of entering the Competition.
- The Promoters will not be responsible for any Participant entering the Competition unlawfully or otherwise in breach of local law. You are advised to check or seek advice on your local law before entering the Competition.
- The Promoters reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to: (a) amend or vary any of the Terms at any time without prior notice and by entering the Competition you agree to any such amended Terms. If the Promoters amend or vary any Term relating to the collection, retention, use and/or sharing of personal data that has already been collected, such amendments and/or variations will be posted on the Competition website at www.exploretoinspire.com (the Website); and/or (b) terminate or disqualify any Participant’s entry for the Competition or reclaim and/or disqualify any prize(s) at any time if it is the sole opinion of the Promoters that there has been a breach of any of the Terms by such Participant (whether discovered during or after the end of the Competition). The Promoters will assume (and by using the Website you warrant) that you have legal capacity to enter into these Terms (i.e., that you are of sufficient age and mental capacity and are otherwise entitled to be legally bound in contract), or if you are below 21 years of age, your parent or legal guardian has consented to your use of the Website and accepts these Terms on your behalf. Eligibility for Entry to the Competition
- A “Qualifying Entry” means the successful submission of a completed entry by a Participant together with any other information requested. The completion and validity of the particulars of each entry shall be determined at the Promoters’ sole discretion.
- 5. A “Participant” means a person of age 18 years old and above on their date of entry to the Competition who is a citizen or permanent resident of, and resides in, one of the following countries, and who submits a Qualifying Entry during the Competition Period: Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam.
- In the event that any Participant is below 21 years of age, such Participant must obtain consent from his/her parent or legal guardian prior to entering the Competition. The Promoters reserve the right to verify that such consent has been obtained at all times. Notwithstanding the above, where your entry in the Competition is prohibited or restricted by law or otherwise in your place of residence, it shall be completely void.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
- Employees of the Promoters, their related companies and/or advertising agencies, the Promoters’ partners, distributors, retailers, the immediate families of such employees, the persons involved in organizing, promoting and/or conducting the Competition and any other persons that the Promoters may decide to exclude at its sole and absolute discretion without notice and without furnishing any reason, may not enter the Competition.
- This Competition is solely skill based. Chance plays no part in determining winners. All entries will be judged individually on their merits, as set out in Paragraph 16 below.
- The Competition is open for entries from 12:00 hours on 01 October 2013 to 23.59:59 hours on 30 November 2013 (both dates inclusive) (the Competition Period). Dates are subject to change at the absolute discretion of the Promoters.
- Any entry submitted after the close of the Competition Period shall be void.
- To participate, you are required to submit an original photograph(s) with a maximum size of 5Mb, that must showcase what inspires you to explore. Your photograph must be accompanied by a description of the inspirational image you have captured, and an explanation (not exceeding 300 characters) of why it inspires you to explore.
- Your photographs must be original works that have not formerly been displayed or exhibited and to which you hold all applicable rights. You will be required to sign any necessary documentation upon the Promoters’ request to confirm that your photographs are original works. Photographs that have won prizes in other contests or that have been submitted to other current/ongoing contests are not eligible for entry into the Competition. Photographs that are entered into other contests after submission for entry into this Competition will be disqualified.
- Your entry may be submitted online only, via the Website. You may enter the Competition for yourself as many times as you wish, but for each entry to the Competition, you must submit online a separate and different photograph. You shall only be eligible to win one of the Grand Prize Winner prize, the First Runner-Up prize or the Second Runner-Up prize.
- Without prejudice to the rest of the Terms, by entering the Competition, even when submitted after the closing date, you irrevocably: (a) agree to the use of your name, personal particulars, likeness and photographs for any advertising, promotional and publicity activities relating to or in connection with the Competition and in such manner at such place as the Promoters may determine at their sole and absolute discretion, without compensation; (b) agree to the disclosing of any information relating to you or provided by you, to any person involved in organising, promoting and/or conducting the Competition and any regulatory, supervisory or other government authority or body, court of law or tribunal having jurisdiction, where such disclosure is required by law, regulation, judgment or order of court or of any tribunal; (c) grant the Promoters and any party authorized by the Promoters an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free right and licence to use any material submitted as a part of your entry into the Competition (the Works) in any manner, for any purpose the Promoters may see fit, without the need to seek consent of any party or make any financial payment or fees to any other party, in all forms of media now known or hereafter invented; (d) represent and warrant that the Works do not infringe any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the Works to the Promoters free and clear of any claims or encumbrances. You further agree to hold the Promoters and their officers, directors, employees, agents, successors and assigns harmless from and against any claims, losses, liabilities, expenses, costs and damages and waive any right to pursue any claims of any nature arising in connection with the Promoters’ use of any materials submitted to the Promoters; (e) to the fullest extent permitted by law, waive any moral rights or similar rights you may have in the Works or any part thereof throughout the world; and (f) undertake not to object to any use of the Works by the Promoters or any party authorized by either of the Promoters.
- The Promoters will use reasonable endeavours to procure that all uses of the photographs are accompanied by a credit, acknowledging the photographer, where it is reasonably practicable to do so.
- 16. The Grand Prize Winner, the First Runner-Up and the Second Runner-Up (as defined below, and collectively, the Winners) shall be selected by a panel of judges and staff selected in the sole and absolute discretion of the Promoters. The factors the panel of judges and staff of the Promoters shall take into account in determining the Winners shall include without limitation the creativity of the Qualifying Entries, the photographic quality of the Qualifying Entries and how inspirational the Qualifying Entries are and such other factors as the judge(s) deem appropriate in their sole and absolute discretion.
- The first best Qualifying Entry determined by the panel of judges and staff of the Promoters in accordance with Paragraph 16 (the Grand Prize Winner). 21. The Winners will be announced on the Website by no later than 15 January 2014 and will also be notified separately by email and will be required to acknowledge receipt of such email within five (5) working days of such receipt. Winners who fail to acknowledge receipt of such email within such five (5) working days, will not be entitled to claim their prize. The Promoters reserve the right in their sole and absolute discretion to deal with any unclaimed prize(s) in any manner. The Winners must exercise their prizes personally.
- Following notification under Paragraph 21, the Winner will be emailed or posted a Liability Release Form (prepared by FIC releasing, wherever permitted by law, the Promoters, their parent companies, affiliates, directors, officers, employees or agents from responsibility or liability for claims in respect of the prize(s)) to be properly and fully completed by the Winner. Completed Liability Release Forms for the Winner must be returned to FIC in accordance with the notified instructions to arrive at the specified address by no later than five (5) working days after the date FIC emails or posts the Liability Release Form. Failure to comply in any respect with this requirement will result in the relevant prize being withheld and the Winner’s entry for the Competition becoming void, whereupon the Promoters may at their sole and absolute discretion reallocate the prize to the next valid winning entry for the Competition and the Promoters shall not be liable to compensate the Winner for any claims arising from reallocation of the prize. In the event that the Grand Prize Winner is below 21 years of age, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to complete and return a Liability Release Form on behalf of the Grand Prize Winner.
- Each Winner shall, if required by the Promoters: (a) attend any prize presentation and participate in any advertising, promotional and publicity activities relating to or in connection with the Competition; and/or (b) provide his/her original Identity Card / Passport for verification of proof of eligibility for receipt of a prize.
- The Winner of any prize involving travel must be free to travel on the dates determined by the Promoters, failing which the Promoters may select an alternative winner. If the Winner is unable to travel for any reason, there will be no refunds, exchanges or compensation.
- The travel and accommodation elements of each prize must be consumed together at the times and on the dates stipulated by the Promoters.
- Where applicable, the Winners of the prizes must ensure that they have valid travel documents during their travel and for six (6) months thereafter, and must provide such identification and/or other documentation as the Promoters may request in order to enable the Promoters to book the flights and accommodation that form a part of the prizes. The Winner should check with any relevant authorities regarding passport and visa requirements; it is the sole responsibility of the Winner to produce all requisite travel documentation. Travel and other insurance is not included and the Winner is strongly advised to take out insurance cover for all appropriate risks.
- Reservations for flights and hotels must be made prior to the usage of the prizes, which are subject to availability at the time of request for use.
- No change in travel arrangements can be made once the booking is confirmed.
- All government, federal, state and local taxes and duties levied in connection with the prizes won, together with all customs and immigration fees, airport taxes, visa fees, insurance, gratuities, any fees imposed by any relevant governments and authorities, and other expenses of a personal nature are the sole responsibility of the Winners.
- Any rules and regulations pertaining to the claiming of prizes for each of the countries where the Participant is a resident apply.
- All Participants are expected and deemed to understand and acknowledge the inherent risks and hazards present when travelling. The Promoters will not be liable for any illness, injury or death sustained whilst travelling.
- If the Workshop is cancelled for any reason, or where the performance or prompt performance of the Promoters’ contractual obligations is prevented due to force majeure, the Promoters shall in no event be liable nor pay any compensation of any kind. For the avoidance of doubt, if the round trip economy class ticket for one (1) person to the Workshop City and accommodation in the Workshop City for the duration of the Workshop are cancelled due to an event of force majeure, the Promoters shall in no event be liable nor pay any compensation of any kind. For the purposes of this section, “force majeure” means any event in which the Promoters or their agents could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances may include war, threat of war, civil strife, industrial dispute, flight cancellations, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, sickness, quarantine, adverse weather conditions and all similar events outside a person’s control.
- You should familiarize yourself, before departure, with the precautions recommended by your country’s health authority or other health authorities for travel. Terms and Conditions relating to the Workshop
- The Grand Prize Winner expressly acknowledges that the Workshop will be provided by the National Geographic Society and accepts the following terms and conditions in respect of the Workshop: (a) The Workshop shall be conducted in the English language only. (b) The Workshop must be completed on dates determined by the National Geographic Society, and in any event by 31 December 2014. The Promoters shall not be liable to compensate the Grand Prize Winner if the Workshop is not completed. .Dates and itinerary details in relation to the Workshop are subject to modification and change by the National Geographic Society. Every reasonable effort will be made to operate the Workshop as planned, but alterations may still occur after final itineraries are sent. (c) Space on the Workshop is subject to availability. In the event a space on the Workshop is unavailable to the Grand Prize Winner for any reason whatsoever, the Promoters may substitute the Workshop with any other item/prize of equal or greater value. (d) Other terms and conditions may apply to the Workshop and will be provided with pre-Workshop mailings. By participating in the Workshop the Grand Prize Winner agrees to accept such additional terms and conditions. (d) The National Geographic Society reserves the right to take photographs or videos during the operation of the Workshop or part thereof and to use the resulting photography, videos, or recordings for promotional or commercial use. By participating in the Workshop, the Grand Prize Winner agrees to allow his/her likeness to be used by the National Geographic Society and National Geographic Society-authorized third parties without compensation to the Grand Prize Winner. If the Grand Prize Winner prefers that his/her likeness not be used, he/she must notify the National Geographic Society in writing prior to departure of the trip. Copyright in all photographs, video, and related materials created by the Grand Prize Winner (Workshop Materials) shall belong to the Grand Prize Winner upon creation. The Grand Prize Winner grants to the National Geographic Society a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable license to use any Workshop Materials provided to the National Geographic Society in any media for the following limited purposes: editorial use, promotion of this editorial use, promotion of National Geographic Society’s travel programs, or promotion of the mission of the National Geographic Society.
- BY ENTERING THE COMPETITION, YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO THE PROMOTERS’ RESPECTIVE DATA POLICIES. FIC’S DATA POLICY IS SET OUT BELOW. CSPL’S DATA POLICY CAN BE VIEWED AT: http://www.canon.com.sg/personal/web/privacy?languageCode=EN
- The prizes in the Competition may be subject to variation at the discretion of the Promoters, and any change will be final and binding upon every Participant in the Competition.
- The prizes for the Competition will be given to the Winners as set out in the Terms. The Winners must each accept their prize in that form. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable, non-refundable and not exchangeable for cash credit or kind, either in part or in full except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Promoters and are subject to the terms and conditions accompanying them (if any). Prizes cannot be sold or bartered. There is no refund for a partially used prize. The Promoters may at their sole and absolute discretion withdraw and/or substitute any prize with any other item of similar value without notice and without furnishing any reason. All Winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees as well as all additional costs that may be incurred in relation to prizes.
- All particulars submitted by each Participant shall be made in full and frank disclosure. Any misrepresentation may result in disqualification, forfeiture or withdrawal of any prize won in the Promoters’ sole discretion.
- The judges’ decisions as to any matter relating to the Competition, including but not limited to any entry eligibility, the winning entry(ies) and the Winner(s) will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into about the Competition or the judges’ decisions on these matters.
- The Promoters shall have the sole and absolute discretion to decide on all matters relating to or in connection with the Competition (including but not limited to eligibility and the conduct of the Competition) and such decision(s) shall be final and binding on all Participants. The Promoters shall not be obliged to enter into any correspondence with any Participant on any matter concerning the Competition.
- The Promoters shall not be liable in any way for any failure or breach by any party in connection with the Competition, and/or the acceptance and/or use of the prize(s), howsoever caused and accepts no responsibility for any loss suffered by a Participant arising from the Competition or prize(s). The Promoters make no warranties, representations or guarantee either expressed or implied regarding any prize including but not limited to any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- In all cases the Promoters will not be held liable for a prize if it does not reach the Winner for reasons beyond its control.
- The prize(s) are subject to: (a) any rules and regulations pertaining to the claiming of prizes in the country where each Winner is a resident; and (b) the terms and conditions of any third party supplier of the prize(s).
- The Winners may be liable for any expenses not specified in the description of the prize(s).
- Any Winner of the Competition may, at no cost to the Promoters, be requested to participate in public relations events tied to the Competition and/or any related advertising or other campaign to generate press coverage of the Competition and/or any such campaign. This may include, but not be limited to, quotes given for inclusion in press releases and press conferences, interviews.
- Each Participant shall indemnify the Promoters, their agents, employees, representatives, associates, affiliates, parent and subsidiary companies against any and all claims, losses, costs, damages, liability and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any act, neglect or default or breach by the Participant of any of the Terms and/or from the placement or transmission of any content onto the Promoters’ servers and/or from any and all use of the Participant’s account.
- Each Participant, by entering the Competition, expressly releases each of the Promoters from any claim, action or demand arising out of or in connection with the Competition or their prize, if any. In particular, each Participant acknowledges that elements of the prizes may be provided by third parties over whom the Promoters have no control, and acknowledge that the Promoters accept no responsibility for any claims, actions or demands arising out of or in connection with such elements of the prizes.
- Neither of the Promoters shall assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of Participant’s information. This will include but is not limited to technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost/delayed/garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of: any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof.
- If, for any reason, the Competition is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to the reasons of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoters which corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, the Promoters reserve the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. All without question or need for communication to said party and without the Promoters being liable to said party in any way.
- Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that all copyright and trade marks and all other intellectual property rights in the Website and all material or content contained within it and/or related to the Competition is, and shall remain at all times, the property of and owned by the Promoters or its licensors. All material and content contained within the Website is made available for Participants’ personal non-commercial use only and he/she acknowledges and agrees that he/she may download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content on the Website is strictly prohibited.
- Any provision of the Terms that is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction is ineffective as to that jurisdiction to the extent of that prohibition or unenforceability. That does not affect the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction nor invalidate the remaining provisions of the Terms.
- The law applicable to the Terms is the law of the Republic of Singapore and the courts of the Republic of Singapore will have non-exclusive jurisdiction in case of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Competition.
- In the event of any dispute arising or relating to the Competition, FIC and CSPL agree to use best endeavours to resolve the dispute promptly and amicably, by good-faith negotiation
DAFTAR dan SUBMIT » OFFICIAL INFO