Improving lives through sustainable economic growth is at the top of APEC’s agenda in 2016. Peru, this year’s host economy, has put focus on human development, small businesses’ inclusion in regional and global value chains, and stronger food markets.
This year, we seek creative interpretation for these themes through the 2016 APEC Photo Competition by amateurs and professionals alike. We encourage you to take snaps that speak “inclusive prosperity” to you, and send them to APEC!
Specifically, you may choose to interpret any one of the following APEC 2016 priorities:
- Investing in human capital development
- Towards the modernization of MSMEs
- Fostering the regional food system
- Advancing in the regional economic integration and growth agenda
- All participants must complete the online application form and submit online.
- The photo can be taken using any kind of camera. The photo should be at least 2,000 pixels at its longest side.
- All photos must be sent as high-resolution digital image files in JPEG format with minimum compression.
- Each image should not exceed 10 MB in file size.
- Minor digital manipulation (i.e. color enhancement, cropping) is allowed. Excessively manipulated photos are grounds for disqualification.
- Collage or photomontage will not be accepted.
- The photo must be an original work by the participant, and must not contain material that violates or infringes on another’s rights, including publicity and intellectual property rights.
- Each participant is allowed to submit a maximum of three photos.
- Photo submission opens: 1 August 2016.
- Photo submission deadline: 2 October 2016, 2359 hours, SG Time
- Finalist: The 10 selected finalists will be posted to the APEC Facebook, where voting for the Popular Choice Award will be done.
- Popular Choice Voting: Voting for the Popular Choice will commence on 12 October 2016 at 1000 (SG)and ends at 1 November 2016, 1800 (SG)
- Winning photos announcement: The winners will be announced at the Concluding Senior Officials’ Meeting in Lima, Peru on 14-16 November 2016. Results will be published on the APEC website and on APEC’s Facebook and Twitter.
JUDGING and CRITERIA:
We will select the following winners, with corresponding prize:
- First Prize – SGD2000
- Second Prize – SGD1500
- Third Prize – SGD1000
- Popular Choice: – SGD1000
Each photo will evaluated based on the following criteria:
a) Interpretation and message of the photo based on APEC 2016 priorities
b) Composition and quality
To submit your entries, please visit the APEC Photo Contest page. Entries are due by 2 October 2016 at 23:59 (Singapore time/GMT +8).
Judges will select four winners who will each receive a cash prize (in Singapore dollars): 1) First Prize: SGD 2,000; 2) Second Prize: SGD 1,500; 3) Third Prize: SGD 1,000; and 4) a Popular Choice Award winner chosen directly by the public on social media: SGD 1,000.
Now in its fifth year, the APEC Photo Contest has received thousands of compelling images from around the Asia-Pacific. They illustrate how people and communities have been lifted by APEC’s work to achieve a more integrated, prosperous and resilient regional economy.
The photos are shared with APEC officials, further shedding light on how the public views the direction and goals of regional cooperation and helping to guide future decision-making.
The APEC Photo Contest is open to citizens and permanent residents of APEC member economies. Please click here for further details, including submission guidelines and judging criteria.
Foto: 1st Place – Fish drying thin – Suwardi Suwardi